Dealing with the Challenges of Caregiving, Behaviors, and Interventions
Diffusing clients hostility, by caring and respect.
We work hard to always:
- Validate their concerns, by acknowledging their needs.
- Listen attentively, use listening to minimize conflicts.
- Tend to resolve problems.
- Tend to be constructive.
- Tend to be logical.
- Tend to be focused.
Be a Good Listener:
- Listens to the content rather than filters the content.
- Listens to the intent rather than being judgmental.
- Asses the clients non-verbal communication rather than react.
- Monitor non verbal communication and filters.
- The challenge is to find light behind the clouds, to help clients get past their anger and frustration and find the path to their understanding.
Myth about Aging:
- Aging is not always dementia, but rather an abnormal health condition related to many factors, such as nutrition, medication or modified medical condition said Patricia Harris, M.D. Aging gracefully is not always easy, there is fear of losing one’s independence, and facing health challenges.
- facts: proper nutritional, can prevent age related degenerative disease.
- Facts: The body loses cell. There are food remedies to enhance aging.
- Vegetable- excellent source of antioxidants, high in nutrients and fiber.
- Blue Berries- reverse age and help reverse short term memory. opt for organic.
- Salmon- Great source of protein. etc.
Senior Assistance believes in healthy meals. recommendation: stay away from Saturated fats and bad health.